The budget cycle for the City of Cochran is from July 1st to June 30th. The annual budget is developed by the City Manager based on the priorities established by the Mayor and City Council in the City's Strategic Plan.
Budget development occurs throughout the year with final approval of each fiscal year budget by the Mayor and City Council. To view the City's fiscal year budget, choose the year below.
As required by State Law, the City of Cochran conducts annual fiscal audits.
To view the City's audit reports, please click on the link below.
View Gas, Water/Sewer, and Garbage & Yard Waste rates. And any other questions, regarding your account balances & billing, please contact the Utility Billing Clerk.
- Complete a Business License Application. The Application can be obtained from City Hall.
- Submit the completed Business License Application and Business License Fee to City Hall.
- The Business License Fee is non-refundable.
- The Application will undergo an internal review for compliance with City Ordinances.
- Applicant will be notified of the final decision.
The Business License Fee is based on the number of Full-Time Equivalent Employees. Please view the Full-Time Equivalent Fee Table to determine the Business License Fee for your busines.
Beer & Wine License
- Complete a Beer and Wine License Application. The Application can be obtained from City Hall.
- Submit the completed Beer and Wine License Application and Beer and Wine License Fee to City Hall.
- The Beer and Wine License Fee is non-refundable.
- Complete a background check and finger printing at the Cochran Police Department.
- The Application, including information from the background check and finger printing, will undergo an interan review for compliance with City Ordinances.
- Applications approved for further review will be forwarded to the City Council for a final decision.
- City Council will render a final decision on the Beer and Wine Application at a regularly schedule meeting.
- $1,000.00 for grocery and retail stores.
- $1,500.00 for restaurants and clubs.
On January 13th the City of Cochran and Bleckley County signed an Intergovermental Agreement for the County to provide building inspection services for the City.
To obtain information regarding building requirements, fees, and building permits, please contact the Building Inspector (478-1559 cell298-) (478-934-3210 office) in the Bleckley County Tax Assessor's Building.
The bid process is utilized by the City to procure services. The services requested and the qualifications of the provider can be found in the City's published notice.
These notices can be obtained from City Hall or from our website. Please click on the link below to obtain our current list of requested services.